Saturday, August 22, 2009

30 Day Fast - Day 5 - I am so Hungry My Hair Hurts

Friday August 21th, 2009

30 Day Fast - Reformat – Reboot and Rejuvenate in search of the truth about me.

Day 5 – Friday August 21th , 2009

(Attention Word Nazis - These blog post are done half conscience at midnight - fast and unedited to keep with the raw and pure truth of the intention of project...If the mosaic stream of conscientiousness and grammar offense you too bad...LOL)


I am so hungry my hair hurts.

I'm awake, dressed and not drooling. What more do you want. It's Friday and Day 5. I've had 3hrs of Sleep and I'm a little cranky. I fell like Stewie from Family Guy. I'm bent on world domination and disappointed and disgusted by humanities inability to seemingly grasp simple logic and or concepts like :

What goes up must come down.

What goes in should come out.

And the best time to shopping for shoes is in the afternoon.

My alarm goes off and despite this pattern I've adopted.
I'm awake and up at at'em.

I want to watch Regis and Kelly cause a friend of a Friend of a friend is guest hosting. (Very Cool)

I watched it and that she did a respectable job. But the sound byte of the show came Renee Zelweger when ask what part of Vancouver she like the most.

She said very enthusiastically. "Hastings" Hilarious


I fire up the old Laptop open up a few windows and proceed to get on with my day seamlessly switching between work task and fun task. The line is blurred I hope, but I am not completely in my right mind. Am I really any day. LOL

Remember I had maybe 3 hrs sleep again.

Sleep Depreviation is very dangerous and psychological scaring.

My psyche was playing games with me this morning.
I was very sensitive.
I was feeling a sense of loneliness, loss, and not being centered.
It was almost like I was phasing in and outlike I was daydreaming.
I really don't know what to make of that. It has happened a few times.

I combatted my mood demons with some positive affirmations a few jumping jacks to get the blood pumping and vitamins. I popped some Ginko and B12 and Ginseng.

And in 35-40 minutes I was much happier and focused.

I again this morning was suffering from writers block. Couldn't for the life of me why. You always know. You just have to ask the right question. In the right way.
So I did and got the answer.

I wasn't be true to me to you and to the intention of this exercise. I got caught in the fairy tale what if expectation. I was writing for the "reader" instead of writing my truth and writing for me.

Again when I am in my right mind I don't have any delusion that any one is really reading this or cares. I am not trying to be a defeatist just being realistic.

I've got some nice encouraging comments - But I am not not going to blow them out of proportion. LOL

It's 1 pm now and after a busy and mentally taxing morning...I am exhausted, lightheaded and slightly dazed. Man this some trip and my body begins to shut down. It is screaming for a nap. I agree wholeheartedly.

My body sinks into my bed, and my mind is fighting and drifting in and out sleep state. I reawaken 1hr 30 minutes later...

It is 2:3opm I rush out of the door...run a few block pick up mail at my biz p.o box and head down the hill. I have a 3:30pm Coffee meet up with a couple of Colleagues.

But First I stop and Art Central say a quick hi to my friend Luba and buy a new Courier Portfolio.

I Run to the bank.

But catch my buddy Jim at his store ..and tells me the good news that he is accepted as a Firefighter Candidate.That is awesome. He quite an amazing man. Married 2 kids. Owns 2 Clothing Stores. Accomplished Musician. And now soon to be Firefighter. Quite Inspirational actually. just thinking about it makes me smile.

It get to my coffee only a few minutes late. it is a very civil conversation with "S" & "Fr" save a few off the collar comments... surprising being that number one topics they seem to want to talk about all the time is sex - religion and bitching and praising her Husband to me and her best guy friend "Fr"!


Its 4:30 an they have to go they are setting up a wedding. "S" so excited.

I head off to The District to see if anyone's there it is a casual friday after work meet and greet. To my delight there is a few oldies but goodies. Some of them I haven't seen in month. We talk about music , and movies and then vocabulary and then techniques to "wedding crash" or "gatecrash". I am exhausted again.

And I figured out why. I haven't eaten all day. Duh.

Its almost sunset. I have several plans. That I could enact.


A Movie - District 9 or Inglorious Besterds

Ex's Dance Music Going Away Party

International Fireworks Festival

Live Music Bar Hop


After a few failed calls. confusion by text. The inability and just the annoyance of a good bud "Ar" to actually ever talk on the phone to make plans, instead of Text. Is very frustrating.

I was invited to another one of my ex's "H" going away party..But I decided that wouldn't be good Idea.

On my way home. I decide to get some Korean Food in Lower China Town. Ginger Spice Squid on Rice with Bean Salad and Kimchi.

After Eating I didn't feel going home yet. Some I go to The Aubry Saloon. The preeminent Theater Bar in the City probably in the country. Grab a Mint Tea ..some Corn Chips and attempt to write. I kept getting interrupted by phone calls.
Trying to get me to go out to Karaoke. I left there and came come. Have been writing ever since. I have reached my last paragraph. Good Day.


Recipe of The Day :

Ika Shoga-yaki is simple but is a very popular dish in Japanese cuisine. Ika means squid, shoga means ginger and yaki means grill or fry. This recipe was given to me by a Japanese friend. I really enjoy squid and this makes a quick dinner or entree. 15 minutes marinating time is included in cooking time. An Australian tablespoon is 20 mls/one Australian tablespoon is 4 US/UK teaspoons)

Ingredients

* 500 g squid, thinly sliced (squid cubes)
* 2 tablespoons ginger, freshly grated
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons mirin
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions


1
Combine ginger, soy sauce and mirin in a large bowl.

2
Add thinly sliced squid into the bowl and mix until all the squid is
covered with the sauce. Allow squid to marinade for about 15 minutes.

3
After 15 minutes, heat wok or skillet (pan) at high heat, then add oil.

4
Remove squid from bowl (make sure any juices/marinate are left in the bowl). Reserve any marinate. Add squid into the hot pan.

5
Stir-fry squid quickly in the pan and cook until it changes colour (about 7 minutes). Work quickly as overcooked squid will become rubbery so don't over cook.

6
Pour marinate into the pan and stir quickly. (Marinated meat burns easily so it's important to work quickly).

7
Serve with steam rice and green vegetables.

8
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment