Tuesday, August 18, 2009

30 Day Fast ...Reformat – Reboot and Rejuvenate in search of the truth about me.

Day 1 – Mon August 17th, 2009


30 Day Fast ...Reformat – Reboot and Rejuvenate in search of the truth about me.

(Attention Word Nazis - These blog post are written at midnight by a half conscience dyslexic - bar stool prophet foodie and are done fast and unedited to keep with the raw and pure truth of the intention of project...If the mosaic stream of conscientiousness and grammar offense you too bad...LOL )

Why Do we Lie To Ourselves : http://bit.ly/ilHq1


Day 1 technically started Sunday Night. I was restless again. I seemed to have been restless and slightly unmotivated quite frequently lately. All I did last week save 36 hrs my days consisted of sleeping and cybersurfing. I was having an internal battle between mind and body. It didn't really help that it was rainy and grey mixed with a little brisk weather...

I digress getting back to the point I was restless so was deciding something to do ...to trick my self into feeling productive so I decided maybe see a movie. Movies generally engaged and fire up my cerebral cortex and kicks start my imagination and passion and or zest for life ..or sometimes they can just lull me into a world escapism and virtual reality as defence mechanism.


The two movie choices were District 9 and The Time travellers wife..after little hmmm and haaa I head downtown … I am only 12 blocks from the Theatre . I realize that Sunday was the last night of Taste … a mini little food festival of restaurant and music at the open air community market park and retail entertainment district downtown...so arrive at my destination early.


I go to the cinema and quickly check what times the movie shows start and I head out back to do a quick walk through the booths of food and too intermingle with the throngs of lost souls feeding there pie holes with some of the cities best food offering at 75 cents a tix …


To my surprise but not really I run into a colleague / slash friend/ sort romance interest....who is volunteering there as a EMT they do that often...I am asked how I am doing and we discuss life liberty and the pursuit of happiness..sort of...We were so deep in conversation that I lost track of time...and missed 37 minutes of my movie...oh well ...we part ways and I head up to check things out anyway. I get to the top of the stairs and some random guy hands me a ticket and says I cant use it ...So I take thank him and head off to the theatre I walk in on the last hour of GI Joe... despite it being little rah rah oversaturated cgi for me - actually a fun little movie.


The movie is over and the timing is perfect for the late show ...a twinge goes up my neck and I decided to go watch another movie despite the fact that I have to go home and sleep cause I have a convention speech to attend on Monday.....But the only thing starting at the time was 500 days of Summer..so I watched and totally and thoroughly enjoyed and related to the movie....

That movie triggered my conscientious to that fact I was in a relationship like that...actually all my relationship to a certain extent were that....It was oddly painful and comforting the awareness....


I was inspired ...So I decided to go home a write..but my brain said if you go home you will fall a sleep ..watch movie or just randomly surf... So I decided to go to my local cybercafe give myself a deadline and go home get some rest and go to the conference forum in the morning.


I am sorry to say...I only did partially what I spoke of...I wasted 3 hrs in mindless stupor procrastinating writing instead surfing and updating my numerous social media accounts...

I went home .. defeated and deflated downloaded pictures off my phone set my alarm and checked twice...and meditated prayed and went to sleep. This was 5 Am


Monday 11 am – I awaken and refreshed look at my clock the alarm did not go off it was 11:05 am ...I shake my head and look again and several time pieces my cell phone my I touch and wall clock and swear to myself...feeling defeated that my mind and body betrayed me... I got up dressed and rushed out the door...I get to The Conference Theatre 15 minutes late and would miss the 1 and only hour of the Keynote speaker which is the main reason I wanted to go in the first place.


I resolve to the fact that it's not going to happened so I take a little stroll on the pedestrian mall and attend the afternoon Panel Discussion...Rush out of there and run 6 blocks to an organizing meeting for an event I am on the committee for...


It is now 5:30 I stop off next door to say a quick hi to some friends ...I ended up have this 3o min talk on food and social media and Foodbuzz,com ...my new internet addiction. LOL Excuse myself and Head home when the movie theatre is calling me again....you must go see Time Travellers Wife...So I fight a little but the Universe twist my rubber arm and I go see The movie and for free no less again 3 movies in two days for free odd...(I have an acquaintance who works for the company)


I watch the movie alone but in a packed theatre of mostly woman...and re-interate that the sexes are truly different and its a blooming miracle how any of us actually participate and engage in long term coupling....


BTW---- In response to my dear twitter friend @twochix 1 - I think I did pretty good for the first day...lots of temptation for opportunity and lustful thoughts...quite proud of myself...LOL


It is 1:17 am on Tuesday August 18....I have to do the same thing tomorrow wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment